Monday 29 July 2013

Silent Footsteps in the Dark; Freebooter's Fate challenge, day 1

Day 1 of my 'paint all my Freebooter's Fate in a week' challenge!

Yes, Freebooter's Fate, the small fantasy pirate skirmish game with a lovely range of models sculpted by Werner Klocke. If you don't know who Werner is, you need to expand your model knowledge. He's one of the best known miniature sculptors, and has models in a number of ranges, most notably Reaper's catalogue, and his charming female miniatures are sometimes referred to as 'Klockenbooty'.
I'd known of FF for a while, but the relatively high cost kept me from getting into it, however a few months back I picked up all the rules, cards and two sizeable factions, all BNIB, for a steal. I'm keen to give the game a go, and if I enjoy it might look at expanding my factions, but for the moment I'm happy with the two I have, Amazons and Brotherhood, conveniently my two favourite ranges of minis.
I'll ramble some more about the models tomorrow maybe, but I'm fairly exhausted tonight and have to work tomorrow morning, so I'll keep this fairly brief and get to the pics.
Inevitably, after a week of balmy weather, winter returned today with rain and wind, meaning I had to wait until late afternoon to get a chance to prime. I have 18 minis all up to finish, and I'm planning to break them into batches to hopefully make it more manageable. First up, the Brotherhood, a cult of nefarious assassins. Their models are a mix of nobles in masquerade finery, and common cut-throats, wearing ragged outfits. I've started with the commoners, keeping the colours suitably motley and muted, while the nobles will be far more riotous. 
I didn't manage to get them finished tonight, but they're about two thirds done I guess. Skin, some cloth, details and weapons are not close to done yet, plus there's the OSL from Miedo a Morir's lanterns. I'm only aiming for a nice tabletop standard with these guys, with 18 models to do, I can't afford to be too finicky. If I can achieve my goal of a week to have the whole collection finished, that will be reward in itself.

Ok, pics, finally.


Cheers, thanks for looking, comments always appreciated :)

~ Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment