Wednesday 17 July 2013

One... Two... a False Start on some Infinity; WIP ALEPH

I went into town to see Pacific Rim yesterday, wow, fizzz, what a movie. Giant stompy robots fighting giant alien monsters, what more can you ask for?

So far my poll has received a paltry 1 vote, for Infinity, so I figured I might as well answer the call and get started. I'm not going to waffle too much about the result, simply because I'm not at all happy with it. The super fine detail and crisp edges of Infinity models REALLY do not agree with my painting style, which works fine on organic stuff like flesh and cloth, but just looks sloppy and crude on these kinds of models. So,  I'll be starting afresh, trying to break out of my usual style and go for a clean, flat finish with crisp edge highlighting... it's going to be interesting to see if I can pull it off.
As an aside, Infinity models are just plain trolly to assemble. This unassuming chap is like 10 pieces. Corvus Belli must have access to better superglue than I. Seriously, those shin pads come separate, just crazy.

But anyway, for now, here's what two hours this evening turned out. Ugly, isn't it? Oh, and just to be clear, this is only a WIP, I'd still have a lot to do even if I wasn't starting afresh, but I'm just not feeling it.



Hopefully my next post will have something a little prettier.

~ Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment