Sunday 28 July 2013

It's All Greek to Me; Byzantine history and plans for next week

No pics tonight, just a quick post to try and get back into the daily post swing of things.
I didn't get any painting done today, instead, I made a snap decision to pull out a game I have and set myself a challenge for the week - painting everything I own for it in time to play a fully painted practice game or three next weekend. Not going to reveal the game, but suffice to say, it's not on my poll. Anyway, I spent the afternoon assembling 18 fiddly metal models. Argh. My glue must be losing its potency or something, so many little pieces that just wouldn't stick together. But now they're all assembled and based, so hopefully tomorrow the weather will let me prime them and I can get stuck in.

In other news, while painting/assembling over the last few days, I've been listening to this podcast. Really interesting and convenient overview of Byzantine history focusing on twelve significant emperors. As something of a fan of the Byzantines (mostly thanks to many hours of Medieval Total War), it's been excellent listening, thoroughly recommend you check it out if you like history.

So anyway, stay tuned for tomorrow's update, wherein I reveal the sum of the challenge I've set myself.

~ Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment