Monday 15 July 2013

Something from Long Ago; the first model I ever painted, unearthed

Sorry for the lack of painting progress, my desire to paint seems inversely related to the proximity of 40k to my painting desk... strange how that works.

Instead I've been spending my time playing FTL and ME2, I'm using an Engineer for the first time in singleplayer, though so far I'm investing more of my levels in flashbang grenades... so lulzy to spam flashbangs into low level enemies at close range. Although having spent so many hours playing a soldier, anyone else feels really fragile on hard difficulty, have to hug cover.
All this means there's a good chance I'll chip away at the Mass Effect skirmish game some more, we'll see.

On the hobby front though, I've been going through some old boxes of models I haven't touched in ages, in amongst the victims of my teenage hobby years (no talent or money but boundless enthusiasm produced lots of horrible 'conversions' and ugly paintjobs) I found this guy.
While he may not look like much, this orc archer happens to be the first model I ever painted, over a decade ago in the GW Adelaide store. Not bad for an 11 year old who'd never done anything more than fingerpainting before.
I thought I'd post some pics of where this hobby all began for me... come a long way, though I'm always looking to improve.


Would love to hear about other people's first models!

~ Alex/Magos

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful figure, great colors and nice details!

    ReplyDelete