Wednesday 13 November 2013

Bloody Bindis; more Infinity, with basing

I went to see Thor: the Dark World yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it, like I have most Marvel films, despite not being a reader of comic books.
Today I sat down and knocked out another Infinity figure, the Sakiel from my Tohaa starter box. I also did the basing for both Tohaa, with mixed results. Not much more to say about them. The Sakiel is... ok. Not amazing. The orange on his symbiotic suit thing is super detailed, but really hard to shade properly without losing the brightness I wanted. In general he's a bit rougher than my Kamael, which is pretty normal I guess for me. My test models tend to have more attention paid to them, everything else becomes a matter of replicating the result, while trying to cut down on the steps (since my test models often end up having loads of layers and washes as I look for a certain shade or tone).
Overall though, he's good enough for tabletop.
The bases... do they work? I'd really love feedback on them - I've already had some good, mostly positive, feedback on the Kamael, now I'd love some on the bases. I really wanted to make them look truly alien, I'm just not sure if they look good or not. Also, the colours on the foliage match the colours on the models. This seemed like a mistake at first, but now it kind of makes sense to me - we have green/brown camouflage to match with our plants, why wouldn't aliens with aqua and purple plants have similar coloured armour?






Anyway, feedback on the bases in particular, thanks for reading,
~Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment