Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Painting Doldrums; terminators and ALEPH

Sorry for the brief absence - too much time watching CS:GO tournaments and not enough motivation to pick up a brush. That changed tonight, though I have to say I'm not exactly happy with the results of my last few hours' efforts.

First off, some more Epic. I knocked out these terminators in about an hour, and they're so bad I only bothered taking one photo. Will have to go back and fix them up sometime.


And then some more progress on my Infinity stuff, or to be exact, my brother's Infinity. Remember that Aleph model I posted months ago as a WIP? Well, I wasn't happy with it then, and despite making a bit of progress, I'm not happy with it now. Need to keep working on it, especially the turquoise areas. Something about Infinity models just makes me struggle to paint them. My style isn't clean and smooth enough.

I also made a start on the bases for them. The idea is to have them fighting over glowing 'chunks' of data, tying them in with the whole AI synthetic stuff. The photo is absolutely awful, it looks considerably better in real life, which isn't saying much I guess. I'm really struggling to create the kind of translucent glowing effect I want. *le sigh*
So yeah, not a great night really. I'd really appreciate feedback and comments on the Aleph, tell me where I'm screwing up. Ultimately if my bro's happy with them, that's good enough, but since they're basically a gift from me for his birthday months ago, I'd like to do a good job on them.


Thanks for reading,
~Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment