Monday 3 June 2013

Three in a row, hat trick!; yet more War of the Roses goodness

More progress. Just look at this consistency! Still cranking out the WOTR, hoping to have the whole box done by the end of the week (three more boxes on their may, thanks to the incredibly awesome Daniel from Tabletop Empires I really can't recommend them enough if you're after gaming gear in Aus). My opponent wasn't available on the weekend, so playtesting will have to wait until the next weekend, which is good, since I didn't get everything painted anyway.
So anyway, two more bases done, this time some lowly levy billmen for Hasting's host, and some formidable men at arms. The levy billmen are distinguished from their retinue brothers by a lack of uniform, they wear ordinary clothing with Hasting's colours sewn onto the breast. The men at arms are nominally Lancastrian, however I'm deliberately avoiding giving the men at arms any specific heraldry, and with their heavy armour covering most of them, they should be versatile enough to fit into either side.
Also, in an effort to improve my awful photography, I finally replaced my faithful piece of random A4 paper with a proper printed backdrop. I can't claim any credit, check out this link if you're interested: http://www.mainlymedieval.com/ozpainters/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3880
Let me know if you think it's an improvement!





Group shot!

As always, C&C is welcome.

Thanks,
-Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment