Sunday 29 September 2013

So hey, Sohei; WIP Ronin Sohei

Real quick post, because it's late and I'm exhausted. Started work on the Sohei monks tonight... not too pleased. I think the combination of exhaustion and batch painting has not been good.
Here's where they're at - all eight are around this point at the moment:


Pretty crap :/

I wanted to try and maintain uniformity, as well as getting the whole buntai done quickly, since fully painted forces mean projects complete and that's something pretty rare for me. The models are nice, nothing mind blowing, but very solid, so I don't feel obligated to go all out on a nice paintjob. Even so, I'm not really feeling how they look.
Thoughts? Opinions? Should I relax a bit and accept that some quality must be sacrificed for the sake of just getting them done? Should I repaint them all individually giving them much more attention?
Part of the problem is probably my use of highlighting from the darkest shade... I seem to have much more success starting in the middle and shading down and up, like on my Khador red and dwarf flesh, both of which I love painting and feel are my strongest colours.

Feedback appreciated,
~Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment