Wednesday 1 January 2014

Farewell 2013, hello 2014; the year that was, a photodump

Well ladies and gentlemen, let's raise a glass to celebrate 2013, the year that was. I don't know about the rest of you, but it was a pretty good year for me. Certainly vastly better than 2012 was. Let's hope 2014 is even better.

Sadly I don't have any new painting progress to show - going away over Christmas, coupled with all the preparations for moving next week, has meant all things hobby taking a back seat. Hopefully once I'm unpacked down in Warrnambool I'll be able to resume the hobbying hard. I've got big hopes for 2014 finally being the year I get my game on after years in the wilderness.

Anyway, with the start of a new year, I thought I'd look back on the last 12 months and revisit what I painted. On that front, last year was a phenomenal success. I painted 232 models - fully painted and -most- based too, no 'half painted but it'll do' nonsense. For someone who struggled to even paint one model a month, it's been a big turnaround, and I think I've improved a lot as a result. Certainly practice does make a big difference, as does the inspiration of fellow hobbyists - a particular shout out to my friend Staz Matt, who never fails to impress.

I'm not big on new year's resolutions, however I'd like to try and set a goal of painting 356 models this year, one a day. We'll see if I can manage it - it'll be a challenge, but given I barely painted for three months of last year, and still managed over 200 models, I think it can be done. I'll give it a shot at least.

Now, to finish this off, here's a selection of models I painted this year, in chronological order, which will hopefully show some kind of progress. As a treat, it includes some material from before I began this blog - the arrival of Sedition Wars was what motivated me to get painting again, even if the game was a let down.

Enjoy the pics, and I hope to provide many more over the rest of the year! :)


Thanks for readings,
~Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment