Saturday 17 August 2013

How Does He Manage Such a Tan in Winter?; a Red Box barbarian

Sorry to once again go silent. It's the usual story, plenty of work and too much video gaming in my spare time.
But there's at least something to show, yesterday afternoon I picked up the Red Box mini I'd mentioned a few weeks ago and knocked him out with a quick and fun paintjob. In hindsight I shaded the skin too far into the brown, so his warpaint isn't very dramatic. I should have gone for pale blue fleshtones instead. But I'm not going to repaint it just for that, I'm happy with how he turned out. I'm especially pleased with the sword blade. It may not be anything special, but it is street, miles, leagues ahead of any other NMM silver I have ever done before. NMM silver has always been one technique I can't even get the faintest grasp of. Forget looking like stone, I struggle to make it look like anything more than a grey mess. Hopefully my persistence with NMM will gradually pay off. Practice may not make perfect, but it hopefully will make acceptable.





Thanks for reading, please leave a comment or critique :)

~ Alex/Magos

3 comments:

  1. Mate fuuuuuaaaarrrkkkkkk your your harshest critique. I look at that and think fuuaaarkkkkk looks sick. Seriously that looks like good nmm to me. I couldn't even hope to that or the akin tone, which looks bad ass. I must request however more mass effect :p
    Cheers
    Matt

    Ps fuuuuaaarkkkkk how good is ME3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate, much appreciated, I guess I just know all the little flaws with my own paintjobs.
    More Mass Effect soon, I promise. It's a slow project, a lot of the models and terrain I want are on order but some time away. Still, I might see if I can't put something more up soon.

    And yeah, ME3, just awesome. We should organise some multiplayer sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful figure!! Great paintjob on the skin and the sword, and beautiful basing too!!

    ReplyDelete