Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Mountain Kings Return; random Infinity, and new WFB dwarves

Well, once again I've let it go too long without a post. At least this time I've been productive, just too lazy to post about it.

I'm pretty tired tonight, so I'll try and keep this short. Last week or two have been ok from a hobby perspective. Gotten a bit of painting done, and have been playing games each Sat at the local club. Still yet to lose, although my opponent is definitely starting to push me, so kudos to him for improving fast.
On the painting front, I think I'm starting to get an RSI in my right hand. I'm guessing this is from playing too many hours of shooters, although I didn't think I was doing anything particularly click intensive lately. It's a minor niggle, and I'm avoiding playing games for a while to try and make it go away. It's affecting my painting though, since just holding a brush is a little uncomfortable at the moment, which is frustrating.

Anyway, first up is a couple more Infinity figures. I picked up some Pan O military order guys cheap second hand. I like the figures, which is why I grabbed the deal, but they're not in the best condition, even though they weren't painted. My paintjobs are pretty utilitarian, definitely not pretty. I've just abused glow effects to make them presentable on the tabletop. Pretty meh, but I'm happy enough with them.


The other models I have to show are definitely not meant to be tabletop standard though. GW is in the middle of releasing the new Dwarves, and I have to give it to them, much as I dislike GW, they make damn fine models. I fact, the new dwarves rank as some of the best models I've ever seen. I love them. Dwarves were my first gaming army, over a decade ago. I sold that army about six years ago when I moved onto better games, but the new models finally do the amazing art and imagery of dwarves justice. I've cut into my limited budget and ordered a couple boxes of the new Longbeards/Hammerers, and two Belegars. I plan to eventually build a full throng and take to the skull strewn field of Warhammer once again... and then probably give up in dismay at how awful the system is. But oh well, I'll have fun.
My old army was blue and white, and I originally was going to go back to that. However then I realised that every man and his dog paints dwarves blue and white - I wanted to be original. Crimson looks great on the new kits, so that's what I settled on. 
I don't plan on all the models being as red as this longbeard is, others will have bare metal plates or scales, as well as different red/white patterns.
The hammerer is one of the guards of my lord as he attempts to retake his lost hold - the hammerers wear black armour in mourning for their former king who was slain when the hold first fell, hence the different colours. 
I painted these both today, about two hours each.


Thanks for reading,
~Alex/Magos

1 comment:

  1. Hope the RSI settles down mate, Painting is looking supreme!

    ReplyDelete