Monday 16 December 2013

A Zone, A Zone of Death, a Deadzone; Deadzone arrives

Slowly easing back in the hobbying hard mentality. Still hoping to finish the last 20 models I need to reach 250 for the year. We'll see how much time I have in the coming weeks...

Anyway, this post is mainly about one thing. One very, very big thing.

My Deadzone pledge (wave 1, at least) arrived today! Exciting stuff. I've been getting more hyped for this game with every update, as everything about it looks to be even better than I'd hoped when I dropped a sizeable chunk of my year's hobby budget on it back in May.
I backed for the double Strike Team pledge, but I've arranged to sell most of the models from the second lot, which more than pays for all the extras in the second set I'll keep.
I've only just started thinking about what exactly to do with it all... lots of terrain and models to build and paint! I assembled about 15 models this afternoon, and have to say, they are the best restic models I've dealt with yet. I'm still not a fan of the material, but Mantic are really stepping things up when it comes to the quality and detail of their models. They run Kickstarters better than anyone, based on the 20+ I've backed, and it's nice when the product they deliver is top notch.

Anyway, there'll be plenty more in future posts, but for now I'll finish with a few quick shots of (part of) the total...


~Alex/Magos

No comments:

Post a Comment